AFC is looking for a volunteer Dental Room Coordinator (DRC)! The DRC facilitates the flow of patients between the waiting area and dental clinic; sterilizes dental instruments; and cleans and prepares chairs between dental appointments. The DRC is essential to the efficient running of the dental clinic and fills in as needed to assist other staff in the efficient completion of their tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Schedule volunteer shift in Volunteer Hub
- Utilize Eaglesoft software to schedule patients
- Escort patients to chairs for appointments
- Under direction of dental assistant, sterilize instruments after use
- Replenish supplies as needed
- After patient leaves, clean chair and set up for new patient
Note: This volunteer position would be trained on-the-job. After training has been completed, tasks could be expanded to include assisting dentist at chair-side. X-ray certification can be acquired through a one-day session at NOVA. With certification, it would be possible to expand duties to taking required x-rays.
Volunteer must have conversational Spanish skills.
Interested prospects should send an email with a resume and a brief statement explaining their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.