From the beginning, AFC has maintained a clear focus on mission and a commitment to medical, organizational and operational excellence, including:
- A Board of Directors that is active, engaged, knowledgeable and supportive
- Strategic planning to ensure progress toward clearly defined goals
- Program design and evaluation to ensure objectives are being achieved and that medical services are meeting patient/community needs
- Fiscal responsibility that includes an annual audit and active financial management by a Finance Committee that includes Board, community members and the Executive Director
- Resource development that is appropriately staffed, includes multiple sources of income and is transparent and accountable to funders
- Volunteer management that ensures volunteers are qualified, trained and appropriately placed
- Effective community partnerships that allow us to leverage services and maximize our impact on the community
Arlington Free Clinic has been honored with numerous awards recognizing this commitment to excellence.
Our Purpose: To build a healthy community.
Our Mission: To advance health equity by providing comprehensive, whole-person healthcare for our neighbors who would otherwise lack access.
Our Identity: A nonprofit healthcare home that works collaboratively with patients, volunteers, community members, and partners.
The needs of our patients come first. Our core values define the spirit with which we carry out our work and connect with one another, with our patients, and with our community.
Treat everyone in our diverse community with dignity and respect.
Build trust by adhering to the highest standards of professionalism, care, ethics, and personal responsibility.
EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Intentionally and actively create an environment that embraces individual diversity where all are valued, appreciated, and empowered.
Enthusiastically embrace new ideas that enhance the lives of those we serve.
Act with humility, show empathy, and demonstrate kindness and caring in all we do.
Blend the skills and strengths of all individuals to achieve the best results.
Approach our patients and our work with a sense of optimism, positivity, joy, and hope.