We are seeking a Nurse Manager to support the mission of Arlington Free Clinic and to provide quality care and case management for patients served by the Clinic. The Nurse Manager works collaboratively with other members of AFC’s clinical team, including both staff and volunteers, to ensure high standards of care for all patients.
This individual is responsible for managing and coordinating care for a panel of patients assigned to him/her. In this role, the Nurse Manager assesses patient needs and coordinates care with appropriate staff and volunteers to identify treatment resources, manage follow-up care, and help develop and implement patients’ plans of care. The Nurse Manager supervises and provides training to a Medical Assistant assigned to his/her team and works closely with this individual to manage care for the assigned panel of patients.
Additionally, this individual manages one weekly clinic providing support and oversight to Clinic Volunteers. The Nurse Manager also triages same-day acute care needs and oversees transitions of care from hospitals or other referral sources to the Clinic.
The Clinic’s strong nursing model provides an attractive combination of autonomy and collaboration for the right candidate. The Nurse Manager reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversight of primary, specialty and related services for empaneled patients
- Clinical management of weekly volunteer medical clinic
- Assessment/triage of acute patient conditions
- Ensure continuity of care with specialists and in/out of hospital inpatient care
- Supervision, training and support of volunteers
- Management of healthcare data, electronic health records and disease registries
- Support for grants development and reporting and other fundraising initiatives
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Arlington Free Clinic
- Proficient in working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to initiate, build and sustain relationships with staff and volunteers
- Skilled in both verbal and written communications
- Computer literacy including Excel preferred
- Bilingual in English and either Spanish, Amharic or Mongolian strongly preferred
- Highly organized with an ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and manage stress in a positive manner
Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse (BSN), Virginia license, minimum 2 years work experience in healthcare setting
- Experience in safety-net clinic preferred
- Experience working with volunteers in professional roles preferred
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Surekha Cohen at email@example.com