We are looking for an experienced nurse to join our clinical team. We provide a strong nursing model with a unique combination of autonomy and collaboration. The Nurse Coordinator will play an essential role in ensuring high quality, patient-centered care management for our patients, in collaboration with other members of the clinical team, both staff and volunteers. In this setting you will become familiar with patients and work closely with them to actively manage their health care.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessment/triage of walk-in patients, planning care and documenting in the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Scheduling patient appointments and organizing pre-appointment workup as ordered
- Educating patients on managing symptoms, medications, and self-care, using teach back and motivational interviewing techniques
- Coordinating patient care with support of Medical Assistants and Nurse Managers
- Working with the Director of Clinical Services to develop and manage a panel of patients with chronic diseases
- Supporting clinic volunteers in their roles
- Managing electronic medical records and health care data
- Supporting our fundraising team with information for grants and helping with fundraising activities
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working independently and collaboratively, as part of a team.
- Already has experience with or is excited about working in a safety-net clinic
- Is motivated to initiate, build, and sustain relationships with patients, staff and volunteers.
- Is highly organized and can coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Knows how to manage stress in a positive manner.
We might be a good fit for someone who:
- Likes to be challenged to use critical thinking skills to ensure high quality patient care
- Is curious about how to overcome barriers to improving healthcare for the uninsured
- Prefers a Monday to Friday schedule and an 8-hour workday
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Registered Nurse (Associates Degree or higher), current Virginia license
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in healthcare setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Current BLS certification
- Skilled in both verbal and written communications
- Experience using an EMR and proficient in basic computer use, including Excel
Health insurance, 401k, vacation time, and paid holidays
How to Apply