Arlington Free Clinic (AFC) is seeking an experienced, community service-oriented pharmacist to join our professional team. The Manager of Pharmacy Operations is the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and is responsible for AFC’s on-site pharmacy and its integration into AFC’s patient-centered medical home. This individual works closely with the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) to ensure AFC patients receive high quality medical care and to promote the effective delivery of drug therapy.
- Manage the overall operations of AFC’s pharmacy in accordance with patient-centered healthcare, including collaborating with clinic practitioners and staff to develop innovative approaches to medication management to ensure optimal therapeutic outcomes.
- Maintain pharmacy policies and procedures consistent with state and federal requirements and with AFC’s clinical standards and oversee ordering and maintaining adequate supplies of all pharmacy products.
- Maintain relationships with local pharmacies to obtain certain medications at low/no cost and work with IT staff to utilize technology to improve care coordination, communication, and medication adherence.
- Promote a healthy organizational culture for the pharmacy team through leadership, motivational supervision, and modeling high quality/safety standards.
- Work with development team to provide input and data to support grant submissions and reports.
- Serve as an active member of AFC’s Clinical Services Committee
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Train and supervise AFC pharmacy staff, volunteer pharmacists, and volunteer pharmacy technicians. Manage pharmacists’ work to ensure that prescriptions are filled in a timely manner and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Work with the Director of Volunteer Resources to determine needs for volunteers and support their recruitment, training, and supervision.
- Supervise pharmacy students and develop and maintain relationships and agreements with pharmacy education programs.
Medication Management and Patient Education
- In collaboration with Director of Programs and Patient Services and IT team, develop and implement policies and procedures to enhance medication access and adherence for AFC patients, using QS1, EPIC and SureScripts functionality.
- In collaboration with Director of Clinical Services, lead the planning, development and implementation of individual and group medication education and adherence programs.
Doctor of Pharmacy or equivalent experience with 3-5 years’ experience as a licensed pharmacist; MBA, MPH or other health-related degree preferred. Excellent time-management, communication, leadership, and organizational skills with proficiency in working with electronic health records.
This is an excellent 0.8 FTE, on-site position offering competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, FSA and retirement benefits. Qualified candidates should respond with a personalized cover letter and resume to Jody Steiner Kelly at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Manager of Pharmacy Operations in the subject line.