Make a difference in the lives of hundreds of low-income Arlingtonians by joining a vibrant team of non-profit professionals who strive for excellence. We are looking for a full-time, bilingual mental health professional to oversee and expand our Behavioral Health program and deepen the integration between behavioral health and medical services. The Behavioral Health Program Manager will play a lead role in increasing access to behavioral health services by ensuring delivery of high quality, patient-centered care, addressing barriers including sociocultural factors, working with the clinical team to develop strategies for integration, recruiting and managing volunteer clinicians, and collecting and managing data on program provision and quality. The candidate with appropriate credentials could also provide patients with mental health services.
You will be responsible for:
Leading the expansion of AFC’s behavioral health program including conducting and acting on the findings of a program assessment focused on improving access to behavioral health services and integrating behavioral health and medical services.
Overseeing the behavioral health program including:
- Evaluating and triaging patients who walk in with immediate mental/behavioral health concerns, who are referred for mental health screening during other clinical encounters, or who screen positive on the routine mental health screening tool, and developing a plan of care for appropriate and timely treatment in partnership with clinical team
- Scheduling patients for counseling and psychiatry appointments appropriately, contacting providers and patients (delegating calls to other staff as needed), and conducting pre- and post-appointment chart reviews including prescriptions and related medical management.
- Assisting with management of psychiatric prescriptions between visits to ensure prescriptions are filled and renewed in a timely manner and that volunteer providers are aware of any patients concerns
- Recruiting and managing behavioral health volunteers (counselors, psychiatrists) including developing and maintaining schedules, training on use of electronic medical record, matching provider areas of expertise with appropriate clients, coordinating language interpretation services as needed with the Director of Volunteer Services, and providing support as needed.
- Working with community partners/universities to recruit and manage student interns (Program Manager could provide direct supervision as appropriate)
- Provide supervision and professional support to staff counselor, case manager and behavioral health program assistant and work with them to ensure timely access to counseling services, social services in the community and referrals to bilingual community resources like Alcoholics Anonymous, Department of Human Services programs, etc.
- Managing and promoting behavioral health and wellness group classes and programs – yoga, women’s group, cancer support services, domestic violence support services, firearm safety, etc.
- Ensuring patients with serious mental illness are referred to the County Behavioral Health program or other agencies as appropriate
- Working with Department of Health on substance abuse Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for Clinic patients
- Assisting development department with management and reporting for Behavioral Health program grants
- Working with partner organizations to coordinate patient services as appropriate, develop joint programs, and manage shared staff
- Providing ongoing education for clinic staff and volunteers on relevant behavioral health issues and organizing in-service opportunities with community organizations
- LCSW, LMFT, LPC or Registered Nurse with experience in mental health preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in behavioral health preferably in a safety net clinic setting
- Experience in program management
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (strongly preferred)
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication
- Experience using an electronic medical record and proficient in use of Excel
Health insurance, 401k, vacation time, and paid holidays
How to Apply