We are currently seeking volunteers for the following roles:
- medical providers
- medical professionals for intake and discharge
- Spanish interpreters (particularly female interpreters for our GYN clinics)
- certified exercise instructors
- pharmacy technicians
- daytime eligibility volunteers
(ALL OTHER NON-MEDICAL POSITIONS ARE AT CAPACITY).
AFC is not open on weekends.
Spanish fluency is preferred.
Volunteers are AFC’s greatest resource! We rely on more than 570 volunteers who support all aspects of our organization. The majority have worked with us for more than 5 years; many have been with AFC since its inception. The Clinic is a great – and fun – place to volunteer.
Joining our Volunteer Team!
Below is the process to become a volunteer at Arlington Free Clinic:
- Attend one of our Community Tours, held twice monthly from 6-6:45 pm (see schedule below).
- Stay for the 15-20 minute session after the tour to learn from our Volunteer Coordinator about our needs and requirements for volunteering.
- Read our job descriptions and apply to become a volunteer
- Applications will be sent to you electronically after you have attended the Community Tour.
- If we feel your skills match our needs, an interview with the Director of Volunteer Resources will be scheduled.
- If accepted, attend classroom-based or on-the-job training, as needed.
Contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-979-1425, ext. 147 to RSVP to a tour.
Parking – Limited metered parking is available on 11th St. South, directly in front of AFC. Please be aware that meter hours are from 8 am to 8 pm. Parking in local neighborhoods may be restricted to decals/residents only. Please check signage before parking. We strongly suggest that you do not park in lots restricted to customers of neighboring businesses, such as the Rite Aid, Travel Lodge or BB&T, as they all are prone to towing.
|Second Wednesdays, 6pm||Fourth Tuesdays, 6pm|
|November 13, 2019||November 26, 2019 – NO TOUR|
|December 11, 2019||December 24, 2019 – NO TOUR|
|January 8, 2020||January 28, 2020|
|February 12, 2020||February 25, 2020|
|March 11, 2020||March 24, 2020|
|April 8, 2020||April 28, 2020|
Individual volunteer commitments vary, but most provide 2-4 hours per month of service for at least eight months. All volunteers must adhere to AFC’s confidentiality and best-practice policies.