Due to COVID-19 our volunteer program is onboarding new volunteers on a limited basis.
As AFC moves into its “new normal” schedules are changing and volunteer opportunities are beginning to open up! While we are still working on getting our current volunteers re-onboarded for new processes, we do have a handful of urgent volunteer needs.
Medical Specialists: Podiatry, ENT, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Cardiology
Psychiatrists and PMNHPs: Assistance with medication management is our highest need
Licensed Counselors: Bilingual counselors are preferred as it makes patient communication easier, but it is not a requirement!
Diabetic Educators & Registered Dietitians: Providing education and support to our diabetic patients continues to be a top priority.
Dental Assistants & Hygienists: Spanish-speaking is preferred so they can assist with patient communication, but all are a valuable addition to our dental team.
Exercise Instructors: We are in need of motivated individuals to help run our Move to Health classes (Monday and Thursday evenings). They do not need to be certified instructors, but need to have experience attending classes and comfort running their own, while keeping energy and momentum up!
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs: Assistance is needed with checking filled prescriptions and supporting staff pharmacists
(ALL OTHER NON-MEDICAL POSITIONS ARE AT CAPACITY).
We are no longer in need of volunteers to assist with COVID Vaccine Clinics.
AFC is not open on weekends.
Unfortunately, AFC cannot offer preceptorships to students.
Volunteers are AFC’s greatest resource! We rely on more than 400 volunteers who support all aspects of our organization. The majority have worked with us for more than 5 years; many have been with AFC since its inception. The Clinic is a great – and fun – place to volunteer.
Join our Volunteer Team!
Below is the process to become a volunteer at Arlington Free Clinic:
- RSVP and attend one of our new virtual Community Tours, held the 4th Thursday of each month at 6pm. Our Volunteer Director will talk about opportunities and answer questions at the end of the tour.
- Read our job descriptions
- Applications will be sent to you electronically after you have attended the Community Tour.
- If we feel your skills match our needs, an interview with the Director of Volunteer Resources will be scheduled.
- If accepted, attend classroom-based or on-the-job training, as needed.
Individual volunteer commitments vary, but most provide 2-4 hours per month of service for at least eight months. All volunteers must adhere to AFC’s confidentiality and best-practice policies.
To RSVP for a tour please click here or call 703-979-1425 x147.
- Limited metered street parking is available on 11th St. South, directly in front of AFC. Please be aware that meter hours are now from 8 am-8 pm.
- Metered garage parking is available underneath AFC (accessible via Walter Reed); cars that have not paid (plug in your parking space number and pay via machine prior to leaving the garage) will be towed at the discretion of building management.
- Parking in local neighborhoods may be restricted to decals/residents only. Please check signage before parking.
- We strongly suggest that you do not park in lots restricted to customers of neighboring businesses, such as Rite Aid, Travel Lodge or BB&T, as they all are prone to towing.