We are currently in need of medical providers, interpreters, exercise instructors, and daytime eligibility volunteers
(ALL OTHER NON-MEDICAL POSITIONS ARE AT CAPACITY).
AFC is not open on weekends.
Spanish fluency and evening availability are preferred.
Volunteers are AFC’s greatest resource! We rely on more than 570 volunteers who support all aspects of our organization. The majority have worked with us for more than 5 years; many have been with AFC since its inception. The Clinic is a great – and fun – place to volunteer.
Joining our Volunteer Team!
Below is the process to become a volunteer at Arlington Free Clinic:
- Attend one of our Community Tours, held twice monthly from 6-6:45 pm (see schedule below).
- Stay for the 15-20 minute session after the tour to learn from our Volunteer Coordinator about our needs and requirements for volunteering.
- Read our job descriptions and apply to become a volunteer (applications will be sent to you electronically after you have attended the Community Tour).
- If your availability, licensure, or skills match our needs, read and sign our commitment form/volunteer handbook.
- Attend classroom-based or on-the-job training, as needed.
Contact Megan at email@example.com or 703-979-1425, ext. 147 to RSVP to a tour.
Parking – Limited metered parking is available on 11th St. South, directly in front of AFC. Please be aware that meter hours are from 8 am to 8 pm. Parking in local neighborhoods may be restricted to decals/residents only. Please check signage before parking. We strongly suggest that you do not park in lots restricted to customers of neighboring businesses, such as the Rite Aid, Travel Lodge or BB&T, as they all are prone to towing.
|Second Wednesdays||Fourth Tuesdays|
|October 10||October 23|
|November 14||November 27 – NO TOUR|
|December 12||December 27 – NO TOUR|
Individual volunteer commitments vary, but most provide 2-4 hours per month of service for at least eight months. All volunteers must adhere to AFC’s confidentiality and best-practice policies.