We are currently looking for interpreters, medical providers, daytime eligibility volunteers and PACs (Physical Activity Counselors).
ALL OTHER NON-MEDICAL POSITIONS ARE AT CAPACITY.
AFC is not open on weekends.
We are most in need of volunteers able to work days & evenings Thursdays.
We are also always in need of Spanish-speakers.
Volunteers are AFC’s greatest resource! We rely on more than 570 volunteers who support all aspects of our organization. The majority have worked with us for more than 5 years; many have been with AFC since its inception. The Clinic is a great – and fun – place to volunteer.
Joining our Volunteer Team!
Below is the process to become a volunteer at Arlington Free Clinic:
- Attend one of our Community Tours, held twice monthly from 6-6:45 pm (see schedule below).
- Stay for the 15-20 minute session after the tour to learn from our Volunteer Coordinator about our needs and requirements for volunteering.
- Read our job descriptions and apply to become a volunteer (applications will be sent to you electronically after you have attended the Community Tour).
- If your availability, licensure, or skills match our needs, read and sign our commitment form/volunteer handbook.
- Attend classroom-based or on-the-job training, as needed.
*Additional Volunteer Information Session will be held on Monday, July 16, at 6pm.
|Second Wednesdays||Fourth Tuesdays|
|July 11||July 24 – NO TOUR|
|August 8||August 28|
|September 12||September 25|
|October 10||October 23|
|November 14||November 27 – NO TOUR|
|December 12||December 27 – NO TOUR|
Individual volunteer commitments vary, but most provide 2-4 hours per month of service for at least eight months. All volunteers must adhere to AFC’s confidentiality and best-practice policies.