Information for Current Patients
- Arlington Free Clinic does not provide emergency medical care. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to an emergency room.
- All AFC visits are for current patients with a valid ID card.
- Visits are by appointment only (no walk-ins).
- Eligibility must be renewed every year by appointment.
Front Desk Hours
Monday through Friday, 1:00 to 4:00 PM
The Front Desk is for information and scheduling. All medical visits are by appointment only.
The Pharmacy is for current patients. Patients must show their AFC ID card to receive their medications.
Monday, 1:00 to 7:00 PM
Tuesday through Thursday: 1:00 to 4:00 PM
Friday, 1:00 to 5:00 PM
Please call 703-979-0333 and leave a message in English with the following information:
- Your Name
- Telephone Number
- Clinic ID Number
- Medicine/Prescription Number
Medicine will be ready for pick up during pharmacy hours 10 days after you order.
To Become a New Patient
New patients are taken into the Clinic through a monthly lottery. There are eligibility requirements to become a patient. For general information, please call 703-979-1400 and leave a message. Someone will return your call within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
To be Eligible, you must:
- Be an adult resident of Arlington County
- Have been in the U.S. for at least one year
- Have no insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid or General Relief
- Meet low-income guidelines
- Not be a full-time student
Upcoming Registration/Lottery Days:
Visit AFC to find out if you are eligible to become a patient!
Registration/Lottery Days are the first Monday of each month at 5:15 p.m.
During your visit you’ll be screened to see if you are eligible to be an AFC patient or if you are eligible for insurance through Medicaid. (To qualify as a patient you must meet all of the above criteria.)
What to Expect on Lottery/Registration Day
On lottery day, please come to the Clinic to pick up a lottery letter. AFC reserves the right to limit the number of people admitted to the lottery due to fire code regulations. To accommodate more prospective patients, please do not bring children or other relatives to the lottery. The drawing will be held and everyone who has a letter has an equal chance to become a patient.
To receive a letter, you must bring:
- Picture ID
- Proof of Arlington residency (e.g., a bill or bank statement dated within the past two months)
- Proof that you have been in the U.S. more than one year
If your letter is drawn, you will be registered to become a patient. Please plan to stay at the Clinic for approximately two hours if your letter is drawn. If your letter is not drawn, you can participate in the next lottery.