Registered Nurse (full-time)
Arlington Free Clinic (AFC) is seeking an experienced, compassionate Registered Nurse to provide quality care and case management for our patients.
- Assessing/triage of walk-in patients, planning their care and documenting in the EMR
- Scheduling patient appointments and organizing pre-appointment work-up and post appointment follow-up as ordered.
- Educating patients on managing symptoms, medications and self-care using teach back and motivational interviewing methods.
- Coordinating patient care with the support of Medical Assistants
- Managing a panel of patients with chronic diseases
- Managing onsite and telehealth appointments with volunteer medical providers
- Managing electronic medical records and health care data
For a full list of responsibilities, desired qualifications, and benefits, click here.
Make a difference in the lives of hundreds of underserved Arlington, Virginia residents by joining our dental team. Arlington Free Clinic (AFC) provides free, high-quality healthcare to low-income, uninsured adults. We offer comprehensive services on-site including primary and specialty care, behavioral health, and dental care. The ideal candidate will work a minimum of 32 hours per week with the potential of becoming full-time. We are looking for someone who enjoys working independently and collaboratively as part of a team and already has experience with or is excited about working in a safety-net clinic.
· Perform basic and advanced dental procedures, including simple to complex extractions, filling cavities, and establishing treatment plans.
·Prescribe medications for dental problems, including -narcotic pain medications or antibiotics.
· Perform diagnostic procedures such as x-rays.
· Keep timely and accurate records of the oral health of patients and the treatments provided using clinic’s electronic health record systems.
· Serve on Oral Health Integration Team to enhance clinic-wide practices towards comprehensive, connected, and patient-centered care.
· D.D.S. or DMD degree with Virginia license and DEA.
· Strong written skills and ability to keep detailed records.
· Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
· Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous demeanor with patients.
· Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients in dental health.
· Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
This position offers excellent benefits including PTO, Health and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) retirement plan, ten paid holidays, and free parking.
Members of the dental team are required to follow AFC’s COVID-19 protocols which may change depending on public health recommendations. Individual in this role must use N95 mask, surgical mask, gloves, face shield and gown. AFC provides required PPE and air filtering equipment. All Employees of the AFC must be fully vaccinated and have received at least one booster shot.
Qualified candidates should respond by email with a cover letter and resume, including salary requirement to: Nancy C. Adkins, Director of Human Resources – email@example.com